Who should be on my health care team?March 19, 2021
What can I expect during a medical visit?March 19, 2021
Take Your HIV Medicine as Prescribed
- This will help keep your viral load low and your CD4 count high.
- Take your HIV medicine exactly how your health care provider tells you to—at specific times of the day, with or without certain kinds of food.
- Keep track of your medicine and schedule.
- Talk to your health care provider or pharmacist if you have questions about when or how to take your medicine, or if you are experiencing any side effects.
Keep Your Medical Appointments
- Use a calendar to mark your appointment days.
- Set reminders on your phone.
- Download an app on your phone that can help remind you of your medical appointments.
- Keep your appointment card in a place where you will see it.
- Ask a family member or friend to help you remember your appointment.
Talk Honestly with Your Healthcare Provider
- Your health care provider needs to have the most accurate information to manage your care and treatment.
- Write down questions you want to discuss with your health care provider. Be ready to write down the answers.
- Keep track of your lab results, medical visits, and care and treatment plans.
- Make sure your health care providers have your correct contact information.