What do I need to do as part of my HIV care?March 19, 2021
What are the different tests that help monitor my HIV?March 19, 2021
During your medical visit, your health care provider may ask questions and conduct routine medical exams to see how HIV is affecting your body.
Your health care provider may
- Take a blood sample to check your viral load.
- Ask questions about your health history.
- Look for other kinds of infections or health problems. Some health problems may weaken your body, make your HIV worse, or prevent your treatment from working.
- Give you immunizations, if you need them.
- Discuss, prescribe, and monitor your HIV medicine.
- Discuss ways to help you follow your HIV treatment plan.
- Help identify other support you may need.
- Ask about your sexual or injection partners and discuss ways to protect themfrom getting HIV.